Campari, an Italian brand and beverage holding company with a rich history had found little support in the United States despite years of trying to build mass appeal. Lambesis repositioned Campari by moving away from a mass-market approach and re-focusing the brand as the choice of sophisticated upscale drinkers.
Although the explosion of cocktail culture had created a market of more youthful consumers, SKYY and several other Gruppo Campari brands weren't fully tapping into the trend. The challenge posed to Lambesis was to create a brand image that would resonate with young consumers, while generating broad brand awareness in the hotly contested spirits category. For Campari, the Lambesis team capitalized on the authentic and transgressive spirit of the legacy brand while evolving the image system with a high-fashion feel.
• Holistic Brand Refresh, Art Direction & Growth Strategies
• Print, Television, Digital and Out of Home Advertising Content Production
• Celebrity Talent Selection & Integration (Salma Hayek, Jessica Alba, Mario Testino, etc)
• Digital Experience Websites, App Development & 25 City Event Tour
• Email & Digital Display Advertising Campaign Development
• Creative Direction & Content Production
• International Visual Campaign Development
Lambesis’ rebranding of Campari produced the first U.S. sales growth for the brand as well as it’s broader portfolio. The deep emotional connection Lambesis fostered between Campari, SKYY and the portfolio of brands consumers love has been the crux of a 15+ year relationship, allowing Lambesis to develop SKYY into one of the world’s most recognizable spirits brands. SKYY’s enormous success has enabled multiple brand extensions, including SKYY flavors, SKYY Blue, SKYY90 and SKYY Infusions.